- David C. Holtz to speak at Provisors Tax Masters Affinity Group regarding Sensitive Employment Tax Audits January 10, 2017 -
- IRS Updates List of Designated Private Delivery Services for Timely Mailing Rule May 15, 2015 - IRS Updates List of Designated Private Delivery Services for Timely Mailing Rule
- IRS Statistics Show Increase in Criminal Investigations and Tax Collection, Decrease in Audit Rates January 16, 2014 - IRS Statistics Show Increase in Criminal Investigations and Tax Collection, Decrease in Audit Rates
- Effect of Government Shutdown on Taxes and the IRS October 1, 2013 - The government shutdown, however, does not mean that you get a free pass from filing and paying your taxes. During the government shut down all tax laws remain in effect, and all taxpayers should continue to meet their tax obligations, including timely filing of the extended tax returns by October 15, 2013. During the government shutdown, the IRS will continue to accept and process all tax returns with payments but will not issue refunds.
- Government Shutdown and Tax Court Cases October 1, 2013 - The government shutdown, which went into effect on Tuesday, October 1, 2013, impacts many tax cases, which are in litigation status and are currently pending in the United States Tax Court, as well as those cases, which have a deadline for filing a Tax Court petition to protest an IRS Notice of Deficiency or Notice of Determination.
- IRS is About to Begin Detailed Employment Tax Audits February 9, 2010 - National Research Program (NRP) study on employment taxes will begin at the end of the month. The IRS will randomly select 2,000 taxpayers for employment tax examinations each year for the next three years. The examinations will be comprehensive in scope. Records pertaining to employment tax returns and issues will be subject to review during the examinations.
- IRS to Continue Enforcement of Foreign Accounts and Offshore Tax Evasion December 28, 2009 - After declaring the 2009 Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program a success, the IRS is poised to continue its enforcement of the offshore tax accounts, complex business entities, and tax evaders in 2010.
- Church IRS Tax Audits – Proposed Regulation Requires IRS Exempt Organizations Director to Initiate an IRS Tax Audit of a Church August 17, 2009 - Under a recently proposed treasury regulation, the director of the IRS Exempt Organizations Division would be the official responsible for approving tax inquiries of churches. Internal Revenue Code Section 7611 imposes special limitations on how and when the IRS may conduct civil tax inquiries and examination of churches. The IRS may only initiate a church […]